The NCAS survey provides a large and rich database which, will soon be available to researchers via the Australian Data Archive. Further detail on accessing the database will be available in the near future.
It is also important that the survey is regularly reviewed so that it addresses emerging issues and uses the best possible methodologies.
ANROWS works with the Australian government, other researchers, and interested stakeholders to ensure that the NCAS’s potential is realised and that it continues to be strengthened by:
- communicating the findings to a range of audiences using a variety of means;
- conducting further research based on the NCAS data;
- supporting other researchers to use the NCAS database;
- exploring questions arising out of the NCAS findings using different research methodologies;
- identifying and developing new ways to gauge attitudes and norms contributing to violence against women through NCAS; and
- consulting with stakeholders to identify ways in which the survey could better meet their needs.